Matt's RV-8 Project



Matt Dralle's RV-8 Project
' style=
Date:  12-31-2008
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  New Lycoming IO-390 Arrives!! Part 01

After being caught in the Pacific Northwest snow storm last week, the new Aero Sport Power Lycoming IO-390 engine from Canada finally arrived today! And in perfect condition I might add. The spark plug holes all have desiccate plugs that turn from blue to pink if any moisture gets into the cylinder. I'm happy to report that all four cylinders remain a dark blue color and everything was dry and clean on the inside of the crate.

To ease the mobility of the engine before it gets installed, I built a solid plywood cart with four casters to mount the engine on. With this I can move the engine around in the shop as I move the plane for different configurations like test fitting the wings later next month. The motor currently fits nicely under the work bench and moving it around is a snap.

She is a beauty, that's for sure! The giant "390" on the cylinders indicates that it has a big-ol' 390 cu. in. displacement, btw... Nice!
' style=

Lycoming IO-390 Arrives - Vitran Truck Unloads

Lycoming IO-390 Arrives - Vitran Truck Unloads

' style=

Lycoming IO-390 Arrives - Vitran Truck Unloads

Lycoming IO-390 Arrives - Vitran Truck Unloads

' style=

Lycoming IO-390 Arrives - Vitran Truck Unloads

Lycoming IO-390 Arrives - Vitran Truck Unloads

' style=










Copyright © 2008-2019 Matt Dralle. All Rights Reserved.