Brief Description: Third Taxi Test - Brakes Overheat - Part 3
The brakes were pretty toasted as were the sidewalls of the tires. There were little bits of rubber coming off the sidewall around the wheel. The brake pads definitely looked worn down some compared to the set I have on the partially completed RV-4. So in the interest of not holding up the test flight progress, I opted to use the wheels, brakes, and tires from the RV-4 project to replace the smoked components on the RV-8. I'll order a new set for the RV-4 later.
I spent the day jacking up the plane and swapping pieces. I also took the opportunity to remove the right master cylinder and fix the pesky high-pressure side leak. Here's a video of the wheels, brakes, and tires all replaced and ready for testing.